Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Misc Weblog Fundamentals

Bounced e-mails: Corey mentioned that he gets an e-mail bounce message whenever he posts something to the weblog. (This may be new since Blogger updated their software.) If you're getting bounce messages when you post, please forward a copy to me and forward another copy to Blogger support.

Picture in your profile: If you want to display a picture in your profile, that picture needs a home on the web. I'm happy to host your picture. E-mail the picture to me, and I'll send back the URL you need to add to your profile.

RSS: RSS feeds are available for this weblog. If your reader can understand Atom XML, use http://mdmusic.blogspot.com/atom.xml. Otherwise use http://feeds.feedburner.com/MarylandMusic. Someday I'll get around to modifying the template with the appropriate little XML buttons.

RSS Readers: You've got a ton of options. For Mac OS X, try NetNewsWire. For a web-based reader, try Bloglines. (That's what I'm using for now.)

No comments: