Friday, May 07, 2004

Chamber Music Sabbath Afternoon

Sounds like it's coming together. I'd like to hear from the Greenes, esp. re: Mrs. Greene's friends. But I think we'll have the parts covered even without the extra cello and bass, as long as oboe-stephanie is on hand.

Recorders would be a lot of fun, but we'll need to be sure that Geri is present and brings a wad of music with her. Anyone with a telephone want to work on this?

CMWs: I'm not ready to make these happen yet. These events take a huge effort, and with my networking track record, I'm in doubt about getting enough good players together here to make it work. And I'm not crazy about the facilities at CUC. I need to hear more from this community: more ideas, more people, etc.

Soldering: I think it should be do-able. The trick would be to fill the lead pipe with something to keep the solder from collecting inside: perhaps cork, or tape, or something else. It might be valuable to visit a repair shop and ask how they do it. Be sure to ask about the solder/lacquer interaction. I'm wondering how a hole like that is formed anyway.

Networking: Keep your heart open to opportunities to recruit players into our ensembles. We don't need to drag in unwilling parties, or coerce anyone, but when you find someone like Wes (kudos, Wes) who will show up on a regular basis and put some effort and outside practice into it, listen for the Spirit's guidance.

No comments: