Sunday, November 14, 2004

Calling All String Players

If you're a Maryland-area string player and reading this, please either leave a comment on this posting or send me an e-mail.

We have two opportunities to do "a little something" together. Here's what we have:
  1. A family at our church owns a collection of violins. They would like to present a vespers recital in which many different violinists play solos and ensembles using the violins in this collection. I have access to pieces like Eine Kleine, the Pachelbel Canon, the Corelli Christmas Concerto, and the Brook Green Suite. Please let me know whether or not you would be willing to help with an event like this, playing a solo and/or being part of an ensemble. We need violas, cellos and basses for the ensemble numbers, too. If you're willing to play, when? The family was hoping for a Friday or Sabbath evening in November, but I realize that we will have difficulty pulling this off in two weeks. Could you do November? Or perhaps January or February?
  2. A concert is being planned for December 4, at Triadelphia SDA, at 7 in the evening. Would you like to throw together the Corelli Christmas Concerto for that event? Plans change: see this posting for a little more info.
Please let me know if you're interested. If it's out of the question, at least let me know that you read this posting.

Thanks!

2 comments:

David said...

The vespers recital sounds good. My vote is for February. I'll be willing to do ensemble work (duet+) on violin/viola or accompaniment of solos.

I'm also willing to be talked into an ensemble on December 4, but due to other activities that week I'm not at this point enthusiastic.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a cesana cello
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is cesana cello