Sunday, November 14, 2004

Practice update

It's been a sparse week for me and brass practice, but I got in about an hour of tuba today, and a few minutes trombone. AND, I broke loose my trombone tuning slide, and greased it properly.

How about you?

My brass practice time I spent playing with the Canadian Brass Advanced Quintets book and CD. This makes for an intense work-out for my lip, as there are no significant breaks between pieces. I highly recommend this as a fall-back activity, for those days when you can't get yourself to drag out the music we're learning. Just three or four pieces with this CD, daily, would make a huge difference in your endurance and tone. Try it!

1 comment:

David said...

Spotty practice, a few times early last week. This week so far is a wash, with good hope for tomorrow. :-)

I should put the Canadian Brass book/CD on my Christmas list.