Sunday, October 28, 2007

Judas Maccabaeus Sing

Greetings, fellow musicians,

I hope the summer has been good to you.

I recently became aware of a "Judas Maccabaeus Sing" to be held at Congregation Or Chadash in Damascus December 8 at 7 in the evening. It is to be a fund raiser, and they're looking for volunteer musicians. The director, Ron Isaacson, writes "We can give the players letters of donation of time, for tax purposes."

I'm in, as I've always wanted to make an acquaintance with this oratorio. At last count, they still need 3 violins, 2 violas, and 2 cellos.

If you're interested in playing, send me a note and I'll get you in touch with the director.

Also, if you're interested in singing, let me know, and I'll update you when I've confirmed any chorus details.

Kind regards,

Daniel

No comments: